Home News Cardinal Onaiyekan Charges Christians to Foster Musical Evangelism

Cardinal Onaiyekan Charges Christians to Foster Musical Evangelism

1147
0
John Cardinal Onaiyekan
John Cardinal Onaiyekan

Nigerian prelate and the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, John Olorunfemi Cardinal Onaiyekan, has charged Christians to inculcate the spirit of praise and worship so as to foster musical evangelism.

Cardinal Onaiyekan gave the admonition at the official launching of Afri­can Credo, a music video by the Catholic Television of Nigeria (CTV) and Catholic Archdiocesan Choir of Abuja (CACA), on Sunday in Abuja.

The Archbishop said that world evangelism is being re-­launched in Africa using, among others, instruments of music.

According to the Cardinal, “Africa has become the springboard of world evangelism.”

The Director of Communications of the Diocese, Rev Fr Patrick Alumuku, in his welcome speech said the production of the album is to enable individuals of Catholic faith have their own music for use on television and homes.

“If you go out to the market to look for Catholic music, you will not find much. The Pentecostals have 95% of the Christian music in the market today, Catholics and the other churches together have the remaining 5%,” he said.

One of the guests at the event, Director-General, Voice of Nigeria, VON, Chief Osita Oke­chukwu while commending the producers of the album said, “This is the beginning of a long journey to get the Catholic message down to Christians and non-Christians alike. Message of hope, faith, blessing and salvation.”

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter